- Direct Material Input
- Raw Material Input
- Part of regular monitoring by the Federal Statistical Office
- Raw Material Consumption (RMC) per capita
Resource Circulation / Disposal
- Direct Effect of Recovery (DERec) and Direct and Indirect Effects of Recovery (DIERec)
- Decoupling waste generation from economic output (the Waste Prevention Program puts an explicit focus on the reduction of overall waste flows, food waste, and packaging materials (e.g., through reuse)). Additional indicators exist for specific material/waste streams, also, e.g., under EU legislations (e.g., for waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE)).
- Recycling and recovery rates for different waste streams
Environmental Impact In The Context Of Circular Economy / Resource Efficiency
- Global environmental impact by private household consumption (i.e., domestic and foreign energy consumption, emissions of carbon dioxide (CO2) and the use of raw materials) (footprint perspective)
- German Sustainable Development Strategy (Indicator 12.1.b)
Economic Impact In The Context Of Circular Economy / Resource Efficiency
- Total raw material productivity = (GDP+imports)/RMI, with GDP: gross domestic product and RMI: raw material input).
- German Resource Efficiency Program (ProgRess) and headline indicator in the German Sustainable Development Strategy (Indicator 8.1)
- Anthropogenic material stock